When you’re having a window replacement in your home, one of the first steps in completing your project is finding a trustworthy window and roof contractor who can get the job done right for you. To help you get started, Blue Square Roofing & Construction has put together this guide on choosing the right contractor for your window project:
Finding a Reliable Contractor
If you’re filing an insurance claim for your damaged windows, the process can be prompted by an emergency repair. This means they should be replaced as soon as possible to restore the safety, privacy and comfort of your home.
Of course, you can’t just hire any contractor that you see; it has to be someone who’s local to the area and has a good reputation with the local community. Also consider contractors who are referred by your family and close friends, and check out the BBB® website to know which good companies are within your area.
Choosing Prospective Contractors
As you find the right window and roofing contractor among your prospective choices, be sure to do the following:
- Request quotes from at least three to four prospects who are local to your area.
- Visit the website of each contractor and see if it’s updated or professional-looking.
- Explore the customer reviews for each contractor. Make sure they’re mostly positive and see how they handle negative responses.
Once you’re able to get your written estimates, meet up with your insurance adjuster. This is part of the insurance claim process, as the estimates will also serve as a guide on the cost of your repair or replacement project. It’s also necessary for your adjuster to approve the project as well.
Meeting With Your Chosen Contractor
When you personally meet with your top contractor to review project-specific details and expectations, don’t forget to discuss the following:
- Ask for proof of insurance. They should provide their insurance company name, policy number, and policy limits.
- Discuss who’ll manage the warranty details and responsibility.
- Make sure to get a fixed price before signing a contract.
When it comes to professional window and roof repair, make sure to hire our professional services at Blue Square Roofing & Construction. Call us at (256) 572-7431 or fill out our convenient contact form to get started today!