Compared to a residential roof, roof repair experts say that caring for a commercial roof is more of a challenge due to their sheer size and lack of slope. If left unattended, the entire system can easily be damaged by the elements. Thankfully, there are a few easy ways to tell that your commercial roof is in need of repairs, such as:
- Mold or Bugs – If you begin to notice signs of mold or bug infestation around your building, it’s a sign that water has infiltrated your roof through damages that were left unattended for so long. Once you notice these issues, call a professional immediately to get the necessary repairs underway.
- Water Stains on Ceilings and Walls – This can sometimes be difficult to notice, especially if you don’t look at your ceiling every now and then. According to experts if you begin to notice brownish spots on your ceiling tiles, especially on the top floor, it’s likely because of water infiltration through your roof.
- Low Spots – On the other hand, if your roof is beginning to sag, call a roofing contractor immediately. This is because low spots on your roof only happen if your roof’s structural integrity has been compromised and should be fixed as soon as possible before they cause more problems. Material warping such as bubbling is also a cause for concern.
- Leaks – Leaks during rainy weather are the leading sign that your commercial roofing system is in trouble and needs to be fixed immediately. Otherwise, not only can it encourage mold growth but it can also create a hazardous environment for everyone in the building.
- Seam Gaps – Seam gaps and other kinds of holes on your commercial roof are issues that you’ll need to have addressed immediately as it can drastically shorten the lifespan of your roof, which can lead to a replacement earlier than expected.
Make your search for a roof contractor easier by turning to Blue Square Roofing & Construction, LLC, your number one experts when it comes to residential and commercial roofing services. Give us a call at (256) 572-7431 or fill out our contact form to schedule an appointment.